Index» » » » » » » » » » Ragi Rava Khara Pongal My Weekend Trip to London

Ragi Rava Khara Pongal My Weekend Trip to London

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

If you are in my friends list in FB,you might have know how much busy i was during this weekend.Yep i had a funfilled, super busy and a joyful weekend in London. Actually i planned this trip to participate in Bloggers buzz meet organised by London food bloggers, thank god my better half was kind enough to pay my eurostar tickets and took care of everything during my weekend trip to London.I stayed at Priya Rs place and we had loads of fun together, actually Priya suggested me to stay with her when i was chitchatting with her about my trip, how wonderful she is na,honestly tell me who will say immediately come and stay with me,i have to say a big thanks to her husband too. Both were wonderful,kind,caring and i came back home with many more memorbale moments. Thanks Priya, am really blessed to get a caring sister like you.

I landed friday nite at st. Pancras international railway station, both Priya and her husband picked me at 10.45pm. Next day morning myself and Priya went to the bloggers meet, i met many more foodie bloggers like me. This meet was simply fabulous,well organised and we had a photography session with Jeanne of Cook Sister, a macaron baking class and a blog monetizing class. We had a brunch,lunch and snacks there itself,we also came back to our place with a goodie bag filled with many stuffs in it.Please do check Vineethas space to know more about this meet, she wrote much more better than me about the whole day we spend together with many more food bloggers like us.

Sunday Priya and myself went to Stratford mall to meet Jagruti and Jayasri ravi,we had some chaat food together and we had a wonderful time four together. Then finally we went to the famous bakeware shop Lakeland to get some baking stuffs for me, omg i was completely astonished to see the variety of baking stuffs there and i was lost.I bought few but somehow i want that complete shop you know, god only knows how i loved all those baking stuffs.Seriously i went to London with a suitcase and came back home with two more bags.Finally my weekend went to faster and two days wasnt enough for me as usual.



Coming to Ragi Rava khara pongal, its very much as like rava pongal,instead of using semolina, i went for my  recent favourite ragi rava, else everything goes for the usual ingredients. But tastewise, ragi rava didnt changed anything and this dish tastes exactly as like our usual pongal. Some were asking me wat is Ragi rava,its 100% ragi grains broken into small bites as medium quality rava, actually  it is ragi semolina, some thought that i mixed both ragi flour and usual semolina, nope its semolina prepared from ragi grains. Hope i cleared their doubts here.Sending this filling pongal to my own event CWS-Ragi or Quinoa guest hosted by my dear sister Divya.


1cup Ragi rava
1/4cup Split Moongdal
1/4tsp Asafoetida powder
1/2tsp Grated Ginger
2tbsp Oil or ghee
1/2tsp Cumins seeds
10nos Peppercorns
10nos Cashew nuts
Salt
Few Curry leaves


Wash the moongdal and take in pressure cooker with a cup of water, ginger,asafoetida powder and salt, cook upto 3hisses.

Meanwhile dry roast the ragi rava, once the steam goes on, transfer the cooked moongdal to a bowl, add enough water if needed to make 2+1/2cups of dal.

Add this dal to the roasted ragi rava and cook in medium flame until the ragi rava gets well cooked and the dal water gets absorbed by them.

Heat the ghee or oil, fry the cumin seeds, peppercorns,cashew nuts and curry leaves until they turn brown.

Add the tempered spices & cashews to the cooking ragi rava-dal mixtures, toss them well until everything get well mixed.

Serve hot with sambar or coconut chutney.




No comments:

Post a Comment