Index» » » » » Cucumber Walnut Oats Smoothie

Cucumber Walnut Oats Smoothie

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Am not a breakfast person, sometimes i will totally skip them and have my lunch earlier. But once i went to my family doctor,she was just shocked to know this and she adviced me to have atleast shake or smoothie with my favourite fruits or vegetable for my breakfast. From that day onwards,if i dont feel like having my breakfast, ill quickly blend some fruits with yogurt or milk and have it instead of skipping. Even my daughter started following it,have her smoothie or shake before she leaves to her school.Here am starting my second week of blogging marathon from today, as usual ill be running for three days with an interesting theme called cooking with electric appliances. Such a very interesting theme na, my kitchen is loaded with electric appliances, i cant spend a day without them.

I start my day with them and end my day with them,yep the appartment we live dont have gas connection so obviously my stove top goes for electric induction stove. For my first day, i chosed to showcase my favourite Butterfly blender, i carried from India during my last trip, you can either use it as mixer,juicer, whipper as well as blender. I quickly prepared this healthy smoothie  few days back with the magic ingredients of this months Magic Mingle Challenge,as Kalyani chosed both cucumber and walnuts for this months challenge along with my favourite grains.Sending this smoothie to my own event Healthy Diet-Filling Smoothies & Shakes by Veena and to my own event CWS-Oats guest hosted by Amruta Pore.Check out the bloggers running this 24th edition of blogging marathon here.Sending to  Siris Celebrating First Anniversary.


1cup Cucumber (peeled &chopped)
10nos Walnuts (deskinned)
1/2cup Rolled oats (dry roasted)
2cups Yogurt
Honey (as per need)

Blend together the chopped cucumber,walnuts,dry roasted oats,yogurt with honey as thick smoothie.

Transfer it to a glass and enjoy immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment